Jun 28, 2009

Grilled Margarita Chicken

* juice from 2 limes
* juice from 1 lemon
* 1/3 cup tequila
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 tbsp Cholula Chili Lime Seasoning

Marinade 4 boneless chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes, and then, Grill 'em up.


I also served up some yummy veggies with our chicken. I heated 1 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron pan and threw in some zucchini, Walla Walla Sweet onion, green bell pepper and tomato and cooked, stirring occasionally, until just tender. (I did season the veggies with a bit of the Cholula seasoning while they were cooking.)

This rice is really fun too. This time I threw in a little red and a little green salsa. First, I heated I tbsp of olive oil. Then, I threw in 2 cloves chopped garlic and let it cook for a minute or two. I tossed in 3/4 cup of white long grain rice and let it brown up a bit. I added 1 cup of water, 1/3 cup of red salsa, 1/3 cup of green salsa, 1 tsp of chili powder and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. I brought it to a boil, reduced the heat to low and let it cook for 20 minutes.

For the beans, the credit goes to the lovely Rosarita.

I garnished all of this yummy goodness with some sharp cheddar, chopped cilantro and sour cream.