Jul 24, 2009

Taco Burger Wraps

1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded jack and cheddar cheese mix
1 clove chopped garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
cracked pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients well and shape into oblong patties. Place into the freezer until your grill is hot and ready. (A tip I learned from Heidi.)

Place patties on the grill and cook to desired temperature.

For garnish you will need shredded lettuce, slice tomato, chopped onion, and salsa.

I also whipped up a little zippy mayo for these burger wraps.

For this mayo I used:

1/2 cup light mayo
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 clove chopped garlic
juice from 1 small lime

Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and give it a good stir. Refrigerate while burger are cooking.

I place the patties on tortillas and topped with the mayo, salsa, lettuce, tomato and onion. Then I wrapped them up tightly and cut in half.